Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

More Harvest Time


Since Harvest is our most important time of year, it's going to get several posts. Like, Patrick can sit on the combine for 3 days, harvest all of our fields, and that wheat he sells will be more money than I make at my 8-5 job for the entire year. It's THAT important!


Big ol' wheat field...

And when you're a good farm wife, you go sit in the combine with your hubby. And this is my view. The little pokey things that look like a comb are exactly that-they comb up the wheat into a little scissor-like thing that cuts the wheat.

And now my job is to look down at the ground and yell, "ROCK!" if I see a rock. You don't want those going through the combine.

And when the hopper is full, the auger comes out...and yes, all combines have a fire extinguisher on them. Safety first, people!

And the auger dumps the wheat into the back of a grain truck...

All done! Look at all that big, beautiful grain.

And off to the next field...

Not sure what this face is, but here I am, in all of my glory, delivering dinner. 

Just call me the Lunch Lady.

5 comments:

  1. Sexy lunch lady!!!! ;o)

    Do what happens when you do see a rock? Do you jump out and move it out of the way? I hope they're small rocks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dream of living on a huge farm. I live vicariously through you and your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lunch lady!! I love it!! Keep the farm posts comin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your harvest pictures are getting me excited for harvest on our farm! We'll probably be in the field in about a week. I'm excited to get behind the steering wheel of a tractor!

    ReplyDelete