Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Yes, I'm STILL Talking About This...

I forgot that I hadn't finished telling you guys about my Nashville trip, so I promise this will be the last post! It might be a long one, but it'll be the last, I swear!

I've ALWAYS wanted to go to the Grand Ole Opry! Patrick and I often listen to it on the radio on Saturday evenings if we're driving out and about.


Not the greatest seats, but there's really not a bad seat in the whole place. I was just lucky I got to go!

The voice of the Opry....

This hottie-pa-tottie named Canaan Smith started off the show. Good stuff, he is!

EXILE!!! "I wanna kiss you all over...and over again!"

Steel Magnolia...

Lauren Alaina, from American Idol...2 seasons ago I think? She was CUTE and pretty good too!

Then Rascal Flatts! I'd never seen them before, so it was nice to see a new group play! 

Then Lauren Alaina came back out onstage and sang a couple songs with Rascal Flatts. It was a great performance!

If you ever get a chance to visit the Gaylord Opryland Hotel, DO IT! This place was amazing!!!

Because who doesn't LOVE a corn dog paired with a lobster roll!?!?!

At the Country Music Hall of Fame...they have WALLS covered in Platinum and Gold albums from all of country music history. It was SO cool!

The actual Hall of Fame where they have all of the members' bronze plaques.

And finally, downtown Nashville. The "Batman" building (per Sarah Kate and Lexie!) is on the right, with the Ryman Auditorium in the bottom center of the picture. 

The rest of the trip I spent lounging in my hotel room watching the beginning of the Olympics, got adventurous and actually went to a couple downtown bars and had a beer and listened to local artists trying to make it to the big time! I also spent a whole day out in Mt. Juliet, a short 20-minute drive, with my great aunt and uncle and second cousin, lounging in their pool and eating delicious barbecue food!

I'd give Nashvegas a TEN in my book, and would LOVE to visit again someday!

7 comments:

  1. Well this is just not fair! Looks like it would be an amazing concert! And I went to see the Rockettes there and I'm pretty sure we sat in the same seats! Weird, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I'm so glad you loved it so much!!! This makes me wish I lived closer into the city so I could go more often! It really is an incredible place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool that you got to go there! Sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Grand Ole Opry is on my list of things to do!!! It looks like you had a blast there!! I've always wanted to stay at the Gaylord hotels!! There is one is Dallas, TX that is just break-taking gorgeous!! (I'm still jealous you got to meet my Sarah Kate!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Nashville! I've never stayed at the Opryland hotel, but I have been in! It's amazing all the details they put into it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a blast the farmer and I were supposed to go to a JAson alodean luke bryan concert there but farming came along and didnt get to make it but that is one place I would love to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanna do Nashville next time I go back south! And I love rascal flatts....so Exciting you got to see them perform!

    ReplyDelete