Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Yes, THAT Just Happened...and a Recipe

When my sister and I were at Farmer's Market last week, a reported from the newspaper was there. Since I work a lot with our local media for my job, I know the girl. I said "Hi" showed her my stuff, and she actually bought a couple things. She was taking several pictures of the market to publish in the paper.

Fast forward to last night (our local paper only comes out twice a week-Sundays and Wednesdays. They usually publish it online the night before). And we see THIS:

Janet Martineau, left, checks out the fresh produce and gets some free zucchini muffins from Danielle Murray early Friday morning, the first day of the Farmers Market. The market at Richland Federal Credit Union, located at 201 W. Holly Street, begins at 7:45 a.m. each Friday.

And apparently while they were at it, they thought it would be a GREAT picture for the FRONT PAGE OF THE NEWSPAPER.


My first thoughts....

THIS IS BULLSHIT!!! 

Those FREE zucchini muffins Danielle Murray was giving away at MY farmer's market table? Were the muffins that I made in MY kitchen. And that lettuce in the picture? You know, the lettuce from MY garden??? Yet, I seem to be magically invisible in the pictures!

I mean, my sister was there helping, and she helped a lot with the weeding of the garden this summer and some with the baking. I know it's not her fault, but I was just a little disheartened when I saw her on the front page of the paper :( 



ANYWAYS....

I thought with all of the baking I did, I would share some of the recipes! Here is the first-


Beer Bread
3 Cups Self-Rising Flour
4 Tbsp Sugar
1 Can of Beer-your choice. I use Miller Lite
1 Egg (beaten)

Mix flour, sugar and beer. Dump out onto a highly floured surface, kneading for 5 minutes. You'll have to add quite a bit more flour to make the dough not sticky. Put onto a baking stone or cookie sheet and brushes with beaten egg. Cut a small "x" on top of the bread. Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees .

You can really use whatever beer you want, that's just what I happened to have. I am also going to experiment adding cheese and jalapenos, garlic, and herbs (not all at once!) into the mix to see what it tastes like. It's VERY inexpensive and VERY easy to make! Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, so sorry that happened!! I've always wanted to try beer bread... but I'm not a big beer fan at all!! So can you taste the beer like omg... I taste beer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang...that ain't right! :o( I'm sorry, hon. That should have been you on the front page! Boooo to the reporter who should have known better!

    I think the idea of adding cheese and jalapenos to the beer bread sounds delicious!!!! This is super similar to a recipe I use!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats just not right girl. But just the luck.
    Im loving this beer bread recipe and all I can think of is its Miller time. Excited I get a 2 in one now I have something to sober me up after all that Miller lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! That's a bummer that your sister was pictured & not you! However, maybe that will make people want to come to your table next time you are there & you can kindly explain, if someone ask, that's it's your produce & your sis just helps out. I'm sure she would understand too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man you would have been famous...that's sucks!! I think my hubby would appreciate this beer bread!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! Just to clarify, it wasn't my sister's fault...she was there helping and even gave the reporter my name and everything to include in the picture. I guess they just thought this was a better picture! No big deal :)

    ReplyDelete