While in Nashville (are you sick of hearing about it yet? Hope not, cause I have lots more to share!), I was LUCKY enough to get to meet up with one of my favorite bloggers, Sarah Kate from Blue Skies at Dixie Creek.
For any of you who follow Sarah Kate's blog, you know how absolutely sweet and kind she is. Let me tell you, she is the same way in person! And her adorable daughter Lexie? One of the most well-mannered and behaved children I've ever met. Reading Sarah Kate's blog the other day about what she learned about me, and what I learned about her, I'm going to follow the same format. You can read her take HERE.
She picked me up at my hotel, we drove downtown and had lunch at the Country Music Hall of Fame.
Things I learned about Sarah Kate:
-She is a good driver...just maybe not so great at directions :)
-She is SO NICE!
-She thinks I know my way around Nashville...I just happened to have GPS on my phone.
-She likes driving in circles around the Opryland hotel.
-She is a great momma (like we had any doubts!!)
-She is a great person to have a conversation with, and is genuinely interested in the person she's talking to.
-She sends Lexie to a small school.
-She starts cursing when she gets stressed.
-She doesn't wear makeup, but wears eye shadow when she goes on dates.
-I really could go on and on!
Things Sarah Kate learned about me:
-I can keep my language appropriate around the right audiences, but when I get worked up I curse like a sailor.
-I may be a jerk (or just forgetful!) for not offering to help pay for the ridiculous parking downtown.
-I felt like this date was comparable to online dating. We knew so much about each other before meeting in person.
-My hair does stupid things in the humidity.
And let me tell you again friends, Lexie is the sweetest little girl EVER. She is polite, not shy, can carry on a conversation with an adult, and is just a nice girl. She'll be going places someday folks, mark my words :)
All in all, I would say this was a GREAT first blate! Sarah Kate, Lexie, Cory and all of the chickens...if you ever find yourselves coming to Montana, you'll definitely have a place to visit and stay. I promise to try and get back to Nashville when I can, and I'll try to bring Patrick with me!




So you're saying if I come visit, I can bring all 14 chickens with me? I thought you liked a clean house? ;o)
ReplyDeleteUntil you mentioned it in this post, I didn't even think about the parking! I was HAPPY to pay it to see you and you did NOT need to help with that at all!
Soooo, the next time you come visit you need to come out here and stay with us. I promise I am a lot more fun in comfortable surroundings. ;o) Plus, there's room for you to teach me how to shoot. :o)
Awww....that's sooo awesome! i am glad your blate went so well!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got to meet her! From what I've read she sounds so sweet. Unfortunately I don't get to read many blogs anymore? I try though!!
ReplyDeleteGirl you look great! Love that shirt!
Like I told Sarah Kate, I'm just so jealous! I'm glad you guys got to meet up!! Now... come to Oklahoma!!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! Looks like you had a great time and what an experience to have.
ReplyDelete