Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Snickerdoodle Blondies

While I would love to be sharing all of my Tex-ASS fun on this Texas Tuesday linkup with my homegirl Amanda, I'm currently flying the friendly skies with Delta. Most likely sleeping...but no fear! I'll have it for next week when I'm back in the real world again!

I had another delicious recipe from Pinterest come into my kitchen a couple weeks ago. When we do these FFA Alumni fundraising dinners, the club buys the food, but the members bring desserts. I scoured my Pinterest board for a good dessert that would be easy for a picnic since we were serving a dinner at the county fair.

Here is a picture of our fairgrounds full of people enjoying the meal!

Waiting in line for steaks.

We raised about $2,300 (ish) in about 2 hours. ALL of the money goes to scholarships for kids graduating from the FFA Program at the end of the year! Yahoo!

The dessert I made is called Snickerdoodle Blondies!


  • 2 2/3 cups AP flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 1 cup softened butter
  • 2 eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp white sugar
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • a pinch turbinado sugar
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan. Combine flour baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and set aside.
2.) In a large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar for 3-5 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla, and beat until smooth.
3.) Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and turbinado sugar in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.
4.) Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool before cutting. Makes 20-24 bars.
 
 
SUPER EASY and REALLY GOOD!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness gracious these look amazzzzing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for raising all of that money! That's amazing! I love all things snickerdoodle, too, so those bars look to.die.for.

    ReplyDelete