Home About Me Good Eats Photography

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Texas Tuesday!

I feel like I can write a LEGIT Texas Tuesday post today, because well, I was just there last week! So follow along my friends!






When I got there on Friday, my friend Stef picked me up at the airport. We went back to her house to drop off my stuff, then out to Denton to the North Texas State Fair. After thinking about it awhile, we realized that this fall, we have been friends for 10 years!


We got to see Wade Bowen perform a concert. And let me tell you, these people are OBSESSED with their "Texas Country Bands." And if you're wondering, YES, that is different from regular country music. Or so I'm told.


After the concert we headed to a bar called RT's. It's their hangout that they go to occasionally, where literally "everybody knew their name." We had quite a few adult beverages throughout the night, and our tab was only $15! Pays to know that bartenders! This is Stef's BF Kris.


And then things got a little crazy...men stripping behind the bar!


Saturday we went and got mani/pedi's and got ready to hit up a Brad Paisley/The Band Perry/Easton Corbin concert. Unfortunately, it decided to downpour and the concert was cancelled :( BUT, all was not lost! Recognize her? P.S. sorry for the purple bra, bad hair and makeup thing. The rain wasn't so nice to me! P.S.S. can you figure out which one of us is used to cooler weather??? lol.


It's Lacey in the City! She was in Dallas for work, and we met up, went and had dinner with her and one of her friends and had a GREAT night full of lots of fried food and laughs! She and Stef hit it off, even having nicknames of Shelly and Carmen for each other by the end of the night. Random, I know! The night ended with Lacey inviting Stef and Kris to my Aunt Lisa's annual neighborhood block party for New Year's Eve...hope you don't mind, auntie! :)


When we got back to the room, Lacey's friend Helen, or whatever her little Asian name was :) He he he, sorry, Helen, couldn't resist! She decided to strap Kris in on the rollaway! She is probably one of the funniest people I've ever met.


Sunday was spent lounging around, watching Sex and the City, and generally just being awesome :)

Monday was my last day there. We dyed my hair out of a box, and I like it! When I got home Patrick actually has complimented me twice on my hair...I think it's a win/win!

We went to a Rangers game, and of course I had to take a picture of this beast:


Holy gigantic Cowboys Stadium. Anyways...the game was awesome. Really, any baseball game could be boring as all get-out and I'd still enjoy being there! You can see in this pic that my hair is a little darker. It's actually close to it's natural color now! And oh yeah, sorry for the cleavage. I bought a new bra from Vicki's and I guess it works pretty well.



We got up early Tuesday morning and I was back at the airport. A quick, but GREAT trip to Texas! And to all of my Texas friends, God Bless you for driving in that horrible mess down there, and all of the construction. YUCK.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you two had fun! I'm loving your new hair color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww!! Sounds like y'all had so much fun while here!!! & Yes, Texas Country or Red Dirt Country as some call it is definitely different than regular country music... OR Nashville country as some call it! HA! Sorry you got to experience the construction! If you were flying in/out of DFW, that's right down the road from my office & I drive it everyday! They tell us just 3 more years of this business! No big deal! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for Texas Tuesday!!! I love the recap! And the Helen shoutout - had to post it to her Facebook for her to see! She is the funniest thing ever. And that night was SO MUCH FUN. I had such a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hair dark!! You look FAB!!!!

    The pic of you and Lacey is hilarious - you look like two different seasons!! Looks like you guys had one heck of a night! The rest of the vacation sounds really fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a super fun trip. Im loving yoru hair girl.
    We will be that way December 21st Rhett wanted to go back to the Stockyards for his birthday and that same weekend the Saints and cowboys are playing so we got ticktets to that game.
    Jealous I want to go to a Rnagers game. I bet it was as awesome as the ta-tas lol

    ReplyDelete